Dr. Louis Chmura is one of the most sought after orthodontists in the Michigan area. He’s known for his artistry and his ability to craft each smile to bring out the very best in each patient’s face. His work using SureSmile is even featured by the manufacturers of SureSmile, as well as other doctors in the area providing SureSmile. Plus, he’s also an Invisalign Premier Provider!
Dr. Louis Chmura is an international Educator on various topics – including Sleep Apnea & Orthodontics, Carriere SLX Treatment and Invisalign and SureSmile. Dr. Chmura is a pioneer in the orthodontic treatment of sleep disordered breathing and a ground-breaking doctor in accelerated orthodontics.
Dr. Chmura makes every clinical decision based on on the patients best interests and applying his high level of expertise , so you know you are being treated by a specialist that has your best interest at heart.
He is actively involved in two local professional study groups and three national study groups and has taken numerous continuing education courses in orthodontics, periodontics, and cosmetic dentistry. Each year he attends over 200 hours of continuing education.
Dr. Chmura also has written over 20 professional publications and has given over 100 professional lectures.
In 2006 Dr. Chmura was invited to write a chapter on the innovative uses of a Diode laser in an orthodontic office.
In addition, Dr. Chmura has lectured nationally on “Uses of a Soft Tissue Laser in Orthodontics” and “Treatment Planning in an Era of Innovative Technology”.
• University of Notre Dame, College of Architecture
• Michigan State University, BA Chemistry
• University of Michigan, DDS
• University of Michigan, Certificate & MS Orthodontics
• Student Table Clinic Research Award Winner
• Earned Rackham Fellowship
• Earned Graduate Dental School Fellowship
• Earned Diplomate Status – American Board of Orthodontics
• Associate Fellowship in the World Clinical Laser Institute
• Standard Proficiency in CO2 and Diode Lasers, Academy of Laser Dentistry
• Consultant for Sirona Laser Educational Committee
• Advanced Proficiency in Diode Lasers, Academy of Laser Dentistry
• FellowshipStatus, Academy of Laser Dentistry
• Invisalign Consultant on IOC/Itero Scanner
• Suresmile Advisory Board
• Specialty Board Examiner, Michigan Orthodontic Specialty Board
• American Dental Association
• Michigan Dental Association
• American Association of Orthodontics
• American Board of Orthodontics
• Academy of Laser Dentistry
• American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine